Benitez hopeful of Ba arrival before Chelsea’s FA Cup clash against Southampton

The Blues activated the striker’s £7 million buy-out clause on Wednesday and look set to confirm his signing, although Alan Pardew claims the deal has been completed

 

Earlier on Wednesday, the European champions submitted a £7 million bid to Newcastle which triggered the release clause in the Senegal international’s contract.

With Daniel Sturridge having already signed for Liverpool, Benitez has Fernando Torres as his only recognised first-team striker for his side’s trip to St Mary’s Stadium.

“I don’t have any official information about the situation,” said Benitez.

“The club is working [to sign a striker] and we know that.”

 

Asked whether Chelsea can sign Ba before Saturday, Benitez replied: “If we can do the business, I hope so.”

Newcastle boss Alan Pardew admitted he is disappointed to potentially lose such an important player, but he is pleased the saga looks to be coming to a conclusion.

Speaking to Sky Sports, he said: “Well there’s no swift resolution, it’s done, he’ll go to Chelsea and with our blessing.

“He’s been fantastic for us, it’s a good club and good luck to him. For us, it’s not a bad thing, for all the uncertainty, it’s now done, and we’ll move on. In some respects I’m pleased.”

 

referensi : http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2892/transfer-zone/2013/01/02/3643782/benitez-hopeful-of-ba-arrival-before-chelseas-fa-cup-clash

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: